cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI validation using Synthetic Monitor (Regex)

ravikiranchalla
Frequent Guest

Hi Team,

We are trying to validate UI using Synthetic Monitor(Browser clickpath). We are facing an error saying text not found, we tried two regex methods as below, but couldn't find any solution, can you help us?

Method 1:

ravikiranchalla_0-1683913971300.png

Method 2:
ravikiranchalla_1-1683913971303.png

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Have you tried to validate only "My claims" as plain text? Without "Evaluate as regular expression" enabled.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi @AntonPineiro ,

Yes we also tried, to validate only "My claims" as plain text? Without "Evaluate as regular expression" enabled. But we are facing same error text not found.

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @ravikiranchalla,

I can see that you've selected "contains text in element", have you added the locator for the element containing the text as well?

if yes, then I think we need more details like screenshots from the page if possible or you can open a support ticket and include all details.

if the locator was not added, then I think you need to add the locator, please check the following URL for more details:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/platform-modules/digital-experience/synthetic-monitoring/brow...

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Hi,

We tried with Add Locator option as well, but facing same error element not found.

Hi,

Is your website public available to have a look?

Can you use check plain text in all page instead of using CSS locator?

Best regards

Hi @AntonPineiro & team,

Can you please help us on how to configure an alert (Email notification), in case of content validation fails. We already created alerting profile named TEST UI_Validation and selected it in the Problem notification. When we run the Synthetic Monitor it is failing as expected but NO alert/mail is sent. Please find the below images for reference.

ravikiranchalla_0-1684171739671.png

ravikiranchalla_1-1684171917747.png

ravikiranchalla_2-1684172362537.png

Hi,

I would re-check these two things when problem is raised:

1. Is problem mathing alerting profile "TEST UI_Validation"? AntonPineiro_0-1684176690474.png

2. If yes, has problem tag "Synthetic UI Validation - UAT"? Have you assign it to synthetic script?

Best regards

Hi @AntonPineiro 

Can you please help us know the process to configure the steps 1 & 2. 

Can we have a working session if possible. If yes can you let us know how can we connect.

Thank you in advance.

Featured Posts