cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Billing Metrics

echwallah
Advisor

Is there a way to bring in Azure Cloud Services Billing Metics onto Dynatrace for Metric creation, alerts and Dashboards?

Something similar to AWS Billing or more refined.

If not OOTB, How would one bring such metrics to a Dynatrace?

Dynatrace Certified Associate
3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I'm sure there is but it would be somewhat static. For example you could ingest custom metadata that provides the cost for each construct but that would be static. If pricing models change you'll need to update the metadata as well. This route would also not allow you to create it as a metric. 

The only other way would be to send the usage data into Dynatrace as a metric event and then build it out from there. Much like you would for CPU temp etc... 

-Chad

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

For additional metrics, it is worth creating a simple plugin that pulls additional metrics from Azure via the REST Api. This is how I have an extension built to monitor virtual machines on Azure where I don't have OA installed. This is the best solution.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Kor01
Helper

There's also the option to set this up inside of Dynatrace as a Workflow. You can make the calls to the Azure API on a schedule and store the metrics in Dynatrace to graph, or alert on via Metric Events. This can be done via simple HTTP request, or you can use JavaScript. If you don't care about storing/visualizing the data, you could just setup a notification as a step in the Workflow.

Featured Posts