cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default metrics for AWS Lambda integration

Chris5
Newcomer

Currently i am trying to estimate the needed DDU's for our AWS services across our organization. (lots of AWS accounts)

I understand that i can calculate the needed DDU's by counting the amount of Lambdas in all accounts. But what if some Lambdas aren't used. Do i still pay for them? Are they still polled every 5 minutes? And if so, would it be possible to exclude some Lambdas based on a tag/name?

2 REPLIES 2

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Yes you would still get metrics for them even if they aren't called the metric would still report as 0.

You can filter based on existing AWS tags though, check out the documentation. 

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

joseandrescalvo
Participant

Hi. In the case of AWS Lambda there is no metrics if there is no instances running. The metrics are polled in the normal interval but in case there is no instance there is no metrics (also in the case of number of invocations: if there is no invocations there is no metric, you don't get a zero value in the metric).

You can check this with consumption metrics:

• Consumed DDUs for number of invocations metric: builtin:billing.ddu.metrics.byMetric:filter(and(or(eq("Metric Key","builtin:cloud.aws.lambda.invocations")))):splitBy():sum:sort(value(sum,descending)):limit(100)
  • Recovered metrics count for invocation metric: builtin:cloud.aws.lambda.concExecutions:splitBy():count:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(20)

This is similar behaviour to other services: in the case there is no usage, there is no metrics (response time, errors, and so on) and so Dynatrace don't get metrics and there is no DDU consumption.

Featured Posts