cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CICS transaction monitoring in the dashboard

gbremner
Newcomer

Hi,

I'm trying to create some charts on a dashboard of stats on CICS transactions.  But I haven't been able to workout how to do this.  I watched some of the mainframe videos and I saw a dashboard with things like CICS Transaction Most Frequent, Tranaction overall CPU and Transaction Max Response Time and that is the sort of thing that I'd like to look at.

Is anybody able to help?

Glen

3 REPLIES 3

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @gbremner 

What are the challenges are you facing?

Please try the attached .json

Regards,

Babar

Hi,

Thanks for the reply what I'm trying to do is to get some details of CICS transactions/Programs on a dashboard and then getting some alerting for those.

What we have is several applications running in a small number of CICS regions (3 for 90% of our volume) and I want to be able to graph the usage of the transactions or programs for each application.  The only way I've found to do this so far is using key requests, but that seems very limiting.

Looking at the dashboard you sent me that is close to what I want, but I can see that its using some custom metrics (calc:service.mainframecicstransactioncputime, calc:service.mainframecicstransactionresp.time,  calc:service.mainframecicstransactioncputime).  Do you have details on how those were created?  I wasn't able to pull anything like those out.  

Glen

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @gbremner

Please use the diagnostic tools for the multidimensional analysis and then create a metric for any required program or service. It will consume DDUs.

BabarQayyum_0-1623132094284.png

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts