cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity management data explorer filter on single drive letter

sbarry-a360
Newcomer

I am trying to create a custom dashboard for monitoring a specific local drive.  Using the data explorer for the capacity management dashboard, I can see the larger data set of all local drives, but I wanted to filter this down to just a particular drive that I'm interested in.  Here's the basic query I'm presented with that I'd like to focus on.  builtin:host.disk.usedPct:splitBy("dt.entity.host","dt.entity.disk"):avg:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(20)

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @sbarry-a360,

you can use the one you provided to split by host & disk, also, you don't need to create a dashboard from scratch you can use the attached dashboard, just change the file to JSON and import it to your environment and edit it, this was found on the Dynatrace demo environment.

Best Regards,

Mohamed

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

also, don't forget to increase the limit based on your requirements, Top list accepts up to 100,

builtin:host.disk.usedPct:splitBy("dt.entity.host","dt.entity.disk"):avg:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(100)

and Table & Honeycomb accepts the maximum

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

Featured Posts