cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create charts for license consumption per application

Adrian_Kefirov
Participant

Hi all, 

I need to create a dashboard with charts for HU, DEM, and DDU consumption per different applications in a client environment. 

I have stock charts for Host Units and DDU consumption but it is not able to be shown per application. There is no chart for DEM consumption, but I found a chart for billed user sessions with an option to be shown per application. 

Help me with that make 3 charts to show HU, DEM, and DDU consumption per application. 

2 REPLIES 2

victor_balbuena
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

You can't do this with out-of-the-box functionalities of Dynatrace unfortunately, at least until your tenant gets moved to DPS, where you will have new metrics with a lot more freedom. With current consumption metrics, you need to have an extension or a script that calculates the consumption per application (or usually, management zone) by using these metrics and then ingests the calculated consumption back into Dynatrace.

With DPS , new metrics will appear in Dynatrace which you can easily split by Management Zone by default.

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

For host units, you can use a simple script which will provide you with a host unit metric split by host. Unfortunately, this is not built into the product.

For DEMs and DDUs there are metrics already. For DEMs you need some calculations as metrics are session based , not DEM units based.

Assuming you have management zones set up (or tags at least) per application, then you can put this data on the dashboard (Dashboard classic) and filter it by Management zone or tag in Data Explorer.  

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts