cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting graphs / dashboards

kostellod
Visitor

I would like to export my graphs contained in a dashboard to create a PDF. I know about the Export to PDF feature, but it doesn't quite meet my needs. The Export feature exports the dashboard as it looks on the screen, so you get a 1-page snapshot. I'd like the graphs to be bigger in the export, so each of the graphs would span the whole page width, ending up with a column view of all my graphs that would span multiple pages.

I understand that this would be difficult, so as an alternative, I was wondering if there is a way to get the graphs through the API, as either a PNG, PDF, or some other graphic format. I can get the data from the API, but don't think I can get the graphic. This would then allow me to combine them into my own document.

2 REPLIES 2

victor_balbuena
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

There is no way to get the graph as an image via the API, unfortunately. Since the dashboard export provides always one page, the only solution I can think of your problem is to divide up your dashboard in multiple dashboards, one for each graph maybe, and export each one individually - then merge them. I would suggest a product idea for your use case, but given that dashboards classic is going away for the new grail platform dashboards, I doubt they will allocate any resources on it.

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I know it's a workaround, but try the Chrome add-on: GoFullPage - Full Page Screen Capture.

I use it often, for reports for my clients.

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts