cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Metrics on a honeycomb

uzahid
Frequent Guest

I'm trying to run a query using Data Explorer that involves 2 separate metrics. The reason for this is because I want the different metrics to have differing thresholds. However, it will only let me run the query for 1 metric at a time, not both in conjunction, even though both are the same, just looking at different applications. 

Is there a solution or way of being able to run 2 metrics together at the same time using a honeycomb in Data Explorer?

2 REPLIES 2

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @uzahid,

It is not possible.

When you have already choosen your metrics and try to change the vizualization you can see an information about if you chose that vizualization there will be limitation eg. only one matric vizualization is possible.

Based on the documnetation:

"By default, this visualization shows the first metric of a multi-metric query."

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/visualization-honeycomb#change-metric-selection

Mizs_0-1696532547789.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Mizső is correct, just keep in mind, the older, original out of the box honeycombs take in multiple metrics. For example the honeycomb of host health and service health. That provides all infrastructure level metrics in a Green/Red Fashion honeycomb which you could leverage depending on your metric scope. Anything outside of that metric scope for the out of the box, original honeycomb, you are left with the data explorer result. 

-Chad

Featured Posts