cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with dashboards

DAVID_MTZ
Contributor

Hi Dynatrace Community

I have a problem, y  created a Global Dashboard from which i have several markdowns which are links to anothers dashboards (25 Dashboards), the problem is that if i add a new tile of header for write one title it is reflected in the others 25 dashboards, is the same problem if i edit one header of one metric in one dashboard it is reflected in the others 25 dashboards, i dont know how i can prevent that from happening.

Could you help me please.

Best regard.

6 REPLIES 6

michiel_otten
Mentor

Hi David,

Are you saying that when you edit a dashboard and save it  it is changed in all dashboards? 

Could you perhaps give an example? 

KR.

Michiel

#Performance matter!

Hi Michiel

Thanks for the update, yes is correct, if i do one change about one header in a dashboard, it change is reflejed in all dashboards

DAVID_MTZ_0-1711417430310.png

DAVID_MTZ_1-1711417558947.pngDAVID_MTZ_2-1711417605997.png

DAVID_MTZ_3-1711417675169.png

Thanks for the help.

Best regard.

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

It seems that this is the same Dashboard, you are only changing the Management Zone.

So, the behavior is normal, if you want different and segregated Dashboards for different MZs, you should duplicate the Dashboards and use fixed MZ for each.

Sharing Knowledge

This above is the right answer. Dashboards are configured via JSON files which are not dynamic. 
So each dashboard contains the same data. 

A management zone is just a filter on that dashboard. If you want different behavior, you can achieve that by new dashboards. You can easily manage the dashboards by either using the API or use Monaco.

#Performance matter!

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

As @Malaik told you, you are filtering using management zones.
Try to clone a Dashboard, make changes a you will see there's no changes in the original ones.

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi,

There is something wrong or your description is a quit not clear.

I you have 25 Dashboards, all should be separate, if you edit any one of them, this should never affect the others.

BRs,

Sharing Knowledge

Featured Posts