Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app building and pricing

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello,

Small question about the pricing,

to keep it simple: agent, synthetics, security and user experiance stay in place,,

all new features, like the app’s are treated as dashboards, so basicaly free.

There must be a limit in how many and how much you consume? (e.g. volume of Davis usage)

kr henk

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Well - TBH, I'm not sure about that. Data resides in Grail and Grail queries consume DDUs, so even the dashboard will consume licenses. Also the apps you develop run in your Dynatrace environment are also paid per execution as I have been told at Perform. Moving towards paying for viewing the data can limit customers from using the tool. But as far as I know, the licensing is not yet disclosed. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

henk_stobbe
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi Julius,

thanks for your reply, I notice you have the same concern (-; 

KR Henk

dirk_wall
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi Henk, Julius,

Details about licensing will follow close to the GA timeframe.
However, we can already share that, similar to what we do with logs on Grail, AppEngine will be billed based on consumption, i.e. per number of function executions (regardless if as an app backend or as a ad-hoc function out of Notebooks/Dashboards/Workflows).

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Dirk

Sure, I just hope the pricing will be reasonable and transparent. Paying-per-use (viewing a dashboard for example) positions the whole Dynatrace platform differently.

As I work on the other side of the barricade, I can already see the perception among some customers: "Please don't use that Dynatrace tool we have, unless it's really necessary, because it's so expensive and we pay per use." 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

yes, we are currently trying to figure out how consumption is not blocked by pricing! So we share your concerns and currently trying to address them.  

Featured Posts