cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which API and field?: Indicator of brand new on-boarding hosts

avrildong
Helper

Use case: we intend to find out EXACT checklist of those brand-new-on-boarding hosts/one-agents during last 7 days or custom period. Those have to match with "Console > Deployment status > OneAgents" which EXCLUDE those preexisting-hosts/one-agents with re-enabled-monitor.

Issue: 

hosts & oneagents API limitation > those 2 API shown "firstSeenTimestamp" field re-count the datetime if already-on-boarded hosts restarted or one-agent service restarted. We need to exclude those cases but ONLY retrieve first-time-brand-new-on-board ones.

Question: which API and field can reach above goal? Any solution for us to easily grab "brand-new-on-boarding hosts/one-agents during last 7 days or custom period"?

4 REPLIES 4

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @avrildong,

Have you already checked this?

MONITORED_AGENT_REGISTERED: Hosts where the new OneAgent has been recognized.

OneAgent on a host API | Dynatrace Docs

Maybe it could help.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

@Mizső , 

Thanks!

Have you already checked this? > Yes, we have tried this API api/v1/oneagents plus api/v1/entity/infrastructure/hosts, however, "hosts & oneagents API limitation > those 2 API shown "firstSeenTimestamp" field re-count the datetime if already-on-boarded hosts restarted or one-agent service restarted. We need to exclude those cases but ONLY retrieve first-time-brand-new-on-board ones.". 

Rgds, Avril 

Hi @avrildong, were you able to find a solution for your specific use case maybe? If so, we'd really appreciate you sharing it with the Community 😊

And if not yet, let's bring this question to the top once again so more people see it and hope someone has the answer for you 😉 Cheers!

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

avrildong
Helper

@Ana_Kuzmenchuk and @Mizső ,  thanks much for asking!  Sorry I do not know why I missed this thread so that I reply late.

I believe the solution works, but we did not validate more. 

use case: 

"MONITORED_AGENT_REGISTERED" in api/v1/oneagents response  "api_v1_oneagents_1yr.response.json" > "MONITORED_AGENT_REGISTERED" returned 5 hits (= 5 new on-board) vs "displayname" 10283 hits (total one-agents)

sample of 1 - 

{
"hostInfo": {
"entityId": "HOST-0C400BF17DA7BB73",
"displayName":
"faultyVersion": null,
"active": null,
"configuredMonitoringMode": "FULL_STACK",
"monitoringType": "STANDALONE",
"autoUpdateSetting": "DISABLED",
"updateStatus": "UP2DATE",
"availableVersions": [],