cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Looking to upgrade from Dynatrace Managed to SaaS? See how

Notify Support when granting cluster access request

auke_wesselink
Observer

We would like to have the option for support to get notified when we do reject/accept cluster access requests. We do not allow support to unattended connect to our managed cluster, they should request access.

I would expect that support got notified when we approve or deny them. I got informed that this isn't the situation. This looks to me a good idea to implement for support to minimize wait times.

4 REPLIES 4

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

We provide proper notifications to both side - to cluster administrators that a new permission request was created by Dynatrace's team and we also provide a notification when you approve or reject it.

Is there anything missing? Maybe your perception of this situation is lack of cluster administrator role or misconfigured email settings?

See screenshots below:

Radoslaw_Szulgo_0-1687166378010.png

Radoslaw_Szulgo_1-1687166572046.png

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

auke_wesselink
Observer

We don't have the issue from our side that we don't see the requests.

We got this idea request from Dynatrace support itself to get them notified - somehow the don't got the approve of reject message. I cannot check if that mail is present or not.

For me it is now clear that there should be an approval or rejectance notify in place.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I can confirm that Support seems to not have this authorization information readily available. I have had cases where we gave access, but after several days, Support hadn't noticed it...

Antonio Sousa

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

OK, then it's the respective's support team member's issue that they have either not received a notification or they've just not found it in their inbox. 

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts