cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i get the all parameters of tomcat and ( OS ) server by using oneagent

Sanket_Molavade
Participant

I have done the below changes in my server and tomcat parameter, and I want to get these details through the oneagent is it possible to get the below details? if yes then, please guide me.

Server Hardening

1. Ulimits to be increased to the max
2. fs.file-max increase to max
3. vm.max_map_count increase to max
4. Linux kernel to be updated to the latest and stable build

Tomcat Hardening
5. Tomcat heap size to be increased to 4G – To be done via setenv.sh file
6. Tomcat GC to increase to 4G – To be done via setenv.sh file
7. Tomcat Max threads to be increased to 600

3 REPLIES 3

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Sanket,

I hope my hints can help you regarding tomcat. I have attached some screenshots.

1. At the tomcat process you can check under the properties and tags the command line argumnets (aka jvm start paramaters), so you can find the max heap size settings, see attached.

2. On the same tomcat process page under the jvm metrics you can find the heap size also - commited memory and gc times, see attached

3. You can browse, retrive and then alert and visualize some extra jvm jmx metrics from tomcat prcesses, see attached.

Have a nice day.

Br, Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Sanket_Molavade
Participant

Hi Mizső 

how can I get all the details that I set in the Catalina file or setenv file because all added configurations are set in the setenv file?

Also I am aware about the JMX extension but can you please mention all procedure that how to set that extension because I have set 2-3 JMX extension but it not gives me proper details.

Thanks for your help. 

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Sanket,

Unfortunately I do not have any other idea how can you fetch all settings from thr setenv file. 😞

Regarding JMX extension I have also added individual jmx metrics for Tomact and other application servers based on my experince, maybe these will be useful or completly useless in different environments. I have spent many hours to borwse these metric sources (Tomcat, WL, Jboss) and I have chosen some jmx metrix which were useful for me and my team.  

Br, Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts