Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kubernetes overview sample dashboard with the new Kubernetes metric set

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi Folks,

Please check my new Kubernetes overview dashbord in the live Demo. Inspiration came form @florian_g 

github post.

dynatrace-api/metric-expressions-for-k8s.md at master · Dynatrace/dynatrace-api · GitHub .

🐱☸Kubernetes cluster overview sample with new kubernetes metrics - Dynatrace Demo Live: Demo Live - Dynatrace:

https://demoid.live.dynatrace.com/#dashboard;gtf=-90d%20to%20now;gf=all;id=0817dba0-0d29-42d7-909b-f266a10cce04

Some pics:

Mizs_1-1663865324505.png

Mizs_2-1663865428829.png

It was developed on a classicfullstack instrumented openshift. Kubernetes log metrics are required for the full use (or you can remove it from the dashborad after clone 😉 ) . Example:

Mizs_0-1663864764688.png

Play with the dashboard time frame, dashboard tiles custom time frames, thresholds and colouring. 

In the data explorer I tried to use readable metric expressions:

(
builtin:containers.memory.residentSetBytes:avg:parents:parents:splitBy("dt.entity.cloud_application"):sum
/ builtin:kubernetes.workload.limits_memory:avg:splitBy("dt.entity.cloud_application"):sum
)
:splitBy("dt.entity.cloud_application")
:setUnit(Percent)
:sort(value(avg,descending))
:limit(10)

I hope it will be usefull and you can reuse it (mybe parts) in the every day life monitoring.

Br, Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional
2 REPLIES 2

florian_g
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

great job @Mizső - we also used the chance of using the new metrics in the preset dashboards to give them a slight overhaul. Any feedback is welcome - there's now also a link to a form within the dashboards for providing feedback 🙂 If you're running on Saas, you should already have the new layout in your tenant 🙂 

screencapture-guu84124-live-dynatrace-2022-09-30-13_51_49.png

screencapture-guu84124-live-dynatrace-2022-09-30-13_51_23.png

screencapture-guu84124-live-dynatrace-2022-09-30-13_50_23.png

   

One does not simply run a container...

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @florian_g,

Thanks for the info. My clinets are on managed only. 😞 Two weeks later I will have it in 1.252 managed. 🙂

To be honest I have already checked it quickly in the live demo 1.251 environment. 😉

Have a nice weekend. 

Br, Misző 

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Featured Posts