cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Binding ActiveGate Extension to a OneAgent Process

serhat_balik
Helper

I am not sure if the wording of the topic title is correct, but what I did was to install a MySQL ActiveGate Extension to get additional data about MySQL database, which is also monitored natively by OneAgent.

From what I see, these are not linked in Smartscape, and DavisAI will not correlate their data and give a root cause. Is there a way to group these from the UI? I thought about Process Grouping, but I couldn't make sense of the settings.

2021-04-07 00_29_12-Technologies - Asseco See_ wjg79702 - Dynatrace.png

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi, this is currently not possible. With the next extension framework it will be possible to send data from remote extensions to existing entities. More information here: https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/extend-dynatrace-automation-and-ai-capabilities-more-easily-than...

Mike

Mike

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Serhat,

As Mike has mentioned currently the extension framework does not allow for this. Short of waiting for Extensions 2.0 framework to become available for custom extensions, your only other option is to develop the extension as a OneAgent extension instead of an ActiveGate one.

Since OneAgent extensions are deployed at the OneAgent location, they can also be attached to processes running on that host. This means, the additional metrics and events can be pushed to your existing MySQL process. This section of the Python reference describes attaching the OneAgent extension instance to specific processes.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Radu

Featured Posts