cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VsCode Dynatrace Extension "Enviornment URL entered is not reachable"

trevordconsult
Visitor

Hey All, I am trying to add a Dynatrace Extension to my Dynatrace Managed environment. Every time I try to add the URL. I get "The environment URL is not reachable" and "Unable to verify first certificate." Has anyone encountered this before and does any know how to help. Will I still be able to use the vscode extension to help me or will i have to soley use the cli with the flag of "--no-check-certificate " I have also attached the logs. Let me know what you all think. 

trevoraccenture_1-1714077735044.png

3 REPLIES 3

DavidMass
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi @trevordconsult , 
Please take a look at this GitHub issue that was recently closed that may help : 
https://github.com/dynatrace-extensions/dynatrace-extensions-vscode/issues/192#issuecomment-20741848... 

Thanks, 
David

I am not sure this is the same thing. I am trying to add the Dynatrace Managed environment, so then I can create a python 2.0 extension. I have not even connected the environment yet.  Unless I am just not understanding. Will this work?

Hi @trevordconsult 

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the error log you posted above is from the Dynatrace Extensions VSCode extension/Add-on : 

DavidMass_0-1714079245458.png

If so, then the link to the comment will help you set up that VSCode Add-On to be able to connect to your Dynatrace Environment. The VSCode Add-On has it's own configuration and you can edit the settings.json file for your VSCode installation to control them.  In VSCode if you go to File -> Preferences -> Settings you can search from Dynatrace and edit the json file. 

DavidMass_2-1714079672581.png

If that is indeed the issue, from there you can use this VSCode Add-On to create a Dynatrace Extension (including a Python EF 2.0 one). 

Featured Posts