cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed trace duration doesn't add up

garytmui
Newcomer

I'm trying to understand why my IIS / .NET request response time is taking so long. In this case, it reflects 22.2s response time and duration, but the elapsed time of the last call (UpdateRequestCache) does not reflect 22+ seconds. Is there a way to tell where the 22s is taking place? Before or after the code execution?  

garytmui_0-1712125247181.png

Thanks!

Gary

4 REPLIES 4

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi.
In the top right (3 dots ...) , you can use response time hotspots and method hotspots.

PacoPorro_0-1712129993458.png

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

I have another question here

What a refine is doing exactly?

Sharing Knowledge

Thanks for the reply. I tried Response time hotspots and it showed me this but I'm not sure how to get to dig further. I see it attributes it to UrlRoutingModule which makes sense as this is a WebApi application, but it's still odd that almost all of the Duration of 22 seconds isn't within the Controller code seen being executed in the "Code" page. The duration of items in the Code page make up less than a second but can't tell where the rest of time is taken.

garytmui_0-1712147831193.png

Does Dynatrace have any visibility into what happens before and after what is invoked in the Controller and seen in the Code level analysis? 

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

click on the View method hotspots and check it.

Featured Posts