cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding known about regular errors from problems or MDA

Cbeecher
Participant

I have an app which throws consistent SQL errors, which are just the way the system works (not my system) and they create alot of noise. I want to exclude these errors so they don't create problems, alerts or show in multi dimensional analysis. The error is Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements. Previous count = 0, current count = 1.  It happens on the database services e.g. So I went in to the setting for those services and expanded failure detection, General parameters, switched Override global failure detection settings on and added a message to the Ignored exception:
Any exception where message contains "Transaction count after EXECUTE indicates a mismatching number of BEGIN and COMMIT statements".
I am still seeing the errors in the MDA, is this meant to happen?

Does anyone know what the settings actually do - is it just do do with problem creation and alerting?

2 REPLIES 2

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @Cbeecher,

is it possible to provide us with screenshots from the created rule and the detected exception class and message?

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi.
The exceptions override works for Davis and problem detection.
MDA won't exclude those exceptions.

Featured Posts