cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings 1.0, 2.0 and some settings are on neither?

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Dynatrace,

How long has it been since you introduced Settings 2.0?  Seems to be at least 2 years based off this blog. https://www.dynatrace.com/news/blog/automate-dynatrace-configuration-management-at-scale-with-new-se...

When will all pages be moved to settings 2.0?  We need to completely implement IAM Policies but not everything is complete in Dynatrace.

There are many pages that don’t seem to be on settings 1.0 or 2.0.  How about these below?  These pages don’t even have the I (information) to tell me what the schema id and group is.  When will this be done?

Kenny_Gillette_0-1701957559923.png

SettingsWeb and mobile monitoringAdvanced setup
SettingsWeb and mobile monitoringPrivate Synthetic locations
SettingsCloud and virtualizationOverview
SettingsServer-side service monitoringMerged service monitoring
SettingsServer-side service monitoringGlobal request naming rules
SettingsLog MonitoringConfiguration of log sources
SettingsLog MonitoringActivate sensitive data masking
SyntheticHTTP RequestsHTTP Requests
HostGeneral 
HostDetected Processes 
ServicesNaming 
DatabasesNaming 
AWSn/an/a
ApplicationsCapturingUser Tag
ApplicationsCapturingUser Actions
ApplicationsCapturingSession and user action properties
ApplicationsCapturingAsync web requests and SPAs
ApplicationsCapturingContent capture
ApplicationsCapturingAdvanced settings
ApplicationsCapturingResource capture for Session Replay 
ApplicationsBehavior AnalyticsConversion goals
ApplicationsMetrics 
ApplicationsErrorsJavaScript errors
ApplicationsInjectionInJection Automatic injection
Process GroupsGeneral 
Process GroupsLog Monitoring 
Dynatrace Certified Professional
3 REPLIES 3

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

I feel your pain, I use to pull Schemas after every cluster update and identify what was new and if we could use them to allow even more granular permissions. 

-Chad

Crazy!!!!  

Dynatrace Certified Professional

michael_k
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hi!

Yes, there are a bunch of settings pages that are not on the settings 2.0 tech stack. The unfortunate news first: they won't all receive a 1:1 transition. More details on that are below. 

This, however, is not a dealbreaker regarding the manageability via IAM. With the introduction of IAM roles (docs here, released with 1.252), you can manage access control completely in IAM so no need to mix and match with traditional permissions. 

Regarding the mentioned pages, features that have improvements coming up and/or are already being replaced by new versions (notably Log v1/v2 and service monitoring) are not planned to be changed.
The recommendation for anything entity-based (i.e. applications, hosts, process groups) is to manage access via management zones which is also possible via IAM (see example). Some individual pages for applications are coming, but for internal reasons and not with the goal of having full coverage of everything that is there right now.

best,

Michael

Featured Posts