cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What permissions are needed to enable the "latest Dynatrace" toggle?

strunzo
Frequent Guest

Hello! We recently created a bunch of access groups via terraform and they do not have permission to toggle to the new Dynatrace UI. I couldn't find any documentation on this, can anyone help?

strunzo_0-1691682238667.png

The groups all have the following permissions:

Account permissions

• View account

Management zone permissions

My Management Zone Name

• View environment

• View logs

• View sensitive request data

A few groups also have 'manage monitoring settings' but same problem. I couldn't spot any specific permissions in the OOTB groups that enable this toggle. Maybe something pokey with terraform?

We're using https://registry.terraform.io/providers/dynatrace-oss/dynatrace/latest/docs/resources/iam_group resources with v 1.35.3 provider

dynatrace = {
    version = "1.35.3"
    source = "dynatrace-oss/dynatrace"
}

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @strunzo we are following a similar question here.

But Management Zones permissions are not enough, you need at least View environment under Environment permissions.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Not sure this resolves the issue.  I have View Environment as well as the management zones, yet the toggle is not accessible.  I'm trying to find out the least amount of privileges needed to enable this for new monitoring users.

Hello @jmcgrath04 please check that View Environment is under tenant and not MZ. 

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Correct, I currently have View Environment, in the environment permissions as well as the MZ permissions.

Following up, it turns out it's more the policy for the environment controlling this.  I needed to turn on 'AppEngine - Admin' in the Environment Policies.  

Thanks for assisting.

Sorry, AppEngine - User would be more correct for the group I was working with.  My admin group has the admin policy.

Featured Posts