cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only one session at the time with single user for many Synthetic

Hello everybody,

I have a use case where with a single user I need to configure different Synthetic (no problem with Synthetic Vault).

Those Synthetic must not run in parallel (or at the simetime) because the only user I am given cannot log-in with multiple session.

Has anybody experienced a situation like this one?

How did you overcome this problem?

Where you able to schedule async browser monitor?

I'm open to hear any experience that might come handy.

Stay strong and healthy 🙂

4 REPLIES 4

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can try an external approach, such a script calling the On demand execution thru api to execute the monitors in different timing. Like creating a new http monitor with a javascript code handling the monitor execution each time.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Oh I have seen your idea back in 2021 "Schedule a Synthetic execution in a crontab way" :D.

This is an option of course, thing is, in order to make the Execution On Demand the Synthetic must be in an enabled state (ence it would execute itselfe sooner or later if I'm not mistaken)

You can now define the frequency as on demand only, instead of X minutes. So it will be executed only when you ask for.

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Yep,

luckily the doc is pretty clear and we are currently developing a solution on top of the API in order to orchestrate the whole mechanism.

Featured Posts