cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneAgent interfering with Java application

McVitas
Participant

Hello, so there is this legacy application in our company which runs Java Web Launcher (jp2launcher.exe) and several Chromium.exe processes. Unfortunately, this app gets stuck at random times when doing routine operations and it DOES NOT when OneAgent service is stopped. When it's stuck the jp2launcher.exe usually stays eating a lot of CPU. So clearly Dynatrace somehow interferes with it. We tried making Custom process monitoring rules to exclude those processes:

Do not monitor if EXE name begins with "jp2launcher"

Do not monitor if EXE name begins with "chromium"

but it doesn't seem to have any effect. We also disabled Real user monitoring for jp*launcher process group, but with no effect.

application currently stuck and Java Web Launcher using CPU endlessly:

McVitas_0-1693834056116.png

Affected systems: w2k19 server and w2k16 server, but probably it doesn't matter.

Upgrading Java is not easy as the app relies on the specific version. Currently there are either jre1.8.0_341 or 1.8.0_371 on these servers.

Any ideas what to do except having these few affected servers entirely excluded from Dynatrace?

3 REPLIES 3

bradley_danyo
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

Hi,

1. Make sure you restart the processes.

2. I think the rule may be case sensitive.

Regards,

Bradley

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@McVitas,

I would say in this case that you open a Support case, if you haven't done already. Looking at the logs will be essential here, and they should be able to help you.

Antonio Sousa

I agree with Antonio

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts